Midland Community Pharmacy Group (MidCPG) is a not for
profit charitable trust, governed by a board of directors.
MidCPG has operated in Hamilton since 2005 with 100% membership of all Community Pharmacies across the Midland Region (Waikato, Rotorua, Taupō, Turangi, Taranaki and Tairāwhiti).
- MidCPG designs, develops, implements and facilitates delivery of DHB service contracts via accredited Community Pharmacists for a range of patient-centered projects.
- MidCPG advocates for community pharmacy in many varied forums both regionally and nationally. MidCPG is a key partner in the development of multi-disciplinary teams and integration across Primary Health Care.
- MidCPG supports Community Pharmacies by providing education, clinical pathways and assessment tools with the end goal of improving the health outcomes of patients throughout the region
- MidCPG aims to improve Maori Health by developing services, training, and resources that support this aspiration.
- MidCPG identifies and develops new models of care to expand the capacity and capability of the pharmacy workforce and increase clinical expertise.
- Emergency Contraceptive Pill Service
- Smoking Cessation Consultation and provision of NRT
- SSRI Education and Support
- Oral Anticoagulant Education (Warfarin, Dabigatran and Rivaroxaban)
- Gout Education and Support
- Methotrexate Education Service
- Childhood Asthma Management Service
- Sore Throat Management for the prevention of Rheumatic Fever
- TDAP vaccination for pregnant women
- Pharmacy Medicine Waste and Patient Sharps Disposal Service
- Childhood Skin Conditions Pilot e (Eczema and Impetigo)) - Ngaruawahia, Huntly, Ngatea
- Gestational Diabetes
- Head lice and Scabies Assessment Service
- Medicine Use Review (MUR) in Community Pharmacy
- Pre Medication Oversight Medicine Assessments
- MidCPG employs a small team of Clinical/Mobile Medicine Management Pharmacists to provide Medicine Use Reviews (MUR), Medicine Therapy Assessments (MTA) and Health of Older People services to patients across Waikato and Lakes.
- MidCPG pharmacists can arrange medication education sessions/forums for patients/kaumatua groups across the Waikato and Lakes..
- Health Professionals, Family/Whanau, Caregivers and patients can be refered to the Mobile Pharmacist Team by emailing email@example.com
Strong and Stable Fall Prevention Programme
“Strong & Stable” is an ACC falls prevention programme managed and facilitated by Midland Community Pharmacy Group. The programme facilitates group based strength and balance classes run by trained instructors for older people in Waikato communities with an aim to increase leg and core strength and improve balance to reduce falls and fractures.
- Group sessions are scheduled throughout the week across the greater Waikato
- Any older person can attend sessions
- Doctors, nurses, physios, pharmacists, and other health professionals can refer to approved classes.
For more information about patient-centered services MidCPG offer and how community pharmacy can link with your practice email Operations Manager Kylie Engebretsen: firstname.lastname@example.org