NEW Medicine Assessment service for patients PRIOR to starting Medication Oversight.
- Waikato Community Pharmacists can become accredited to provide this new service
- This service is via referral from Disability Support Link (DSL) and is for eligible patients who have been identified as requiring Medication Oversight
- To deliver this service pharmacists must attend the MidCPG Medicine Assessment Training and complete the accreditation process
- Pharmacists will be required to register and complete a report for each patient in the electronic InterRAI patient portal.
- MidCPG offers a full suite of support processes and templates
Cold chain accredited Waikato Community Pharmacies can provide FREE (Tdap) immunisations for pregnant women administered by approved Vaccinator Pharmacists (as defined in the NZ Immunisation Schedule (Immunisation Handbook 2014)
Accreditation with a pass rate of >80% allows community pharmacists to provide funded smoking cessation consultations via Midland community Pharmacy Group
(MidCPG) is committed to achieving New Zealand's Health Target of Smokefree Aotearoa by 2025.
This course covers the following subjects:
- Ministry of Health National Guidelines
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques and Smoking cessation counselling advice
- Best practice information and statistics
- Educating smokers about NRT or medicine support
This activity has been accredited by PSNZ ENHANCE for up to 3.5 hours of group 2 learning. 7 x Group 2 points may be claimed on successful completion of this training with a pass rate of >80%, evidenced by the Certificate of Completion.
This course provides the required accreditation to implement MidCPG's Sore Throat Management Project in Community Pharmacy. This project has been developed as part of the Ministry of Health's Rheumatic Fever Prevention Programme (RFPP) that was established in 2011 to prevent and treat strep throat infections.
Becoming accredited enables community pharmacists to swab and treat eligible patients aiding in the
prevention of Rheumatic Fever.
Gout is an inflammatory arthritis that occurs due to deposition of monosodium urate crystals in joints. Gout causes severe pain and musculoskeletal disability and is associated with metabolic syndrome, hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. MidCPG have developed a Gout Management Service to be delivered via community pharmacy, that aims to ensure patients have their gout (and raised serum uric acid) effectively treated and that they are sufficiently educated/informed to self-manage their condition optimally.
Education that supports the optimal use of medicines for depression. Pharmacists who support, advise, and counsel patients initiated on antidepressants has shown to improve patient well-being and assist medication adherence.
MidCPG no longer contracts Community Pharmacies to provide flu vaccinations because as of the 1st of April this service was nationalised, however, we will still list updates and links on this page for Community Pharmacists reference.
Midland Community Pharmacy Group is funded by Waikato DHB and Lakes DHB for the provision of the contract “Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP) free to under 25 years old” in Community Pharmacy.